Products and Services
Running/Walking footwear comes in four basic categories; lightweight, neutral, stability, and motion control. The different categories are designed to best match an individual's needs, based on how the foot strikes the ground when walking or running. It's important to match the shoe to your foot so you can give yourself the best chance of running injury free! During our fitting process, we'll scan your foot with our iStep scanner, peform a Video Gait Analysis during which watch you run or walk on the treadmill, and ask you a series of qualitative questions about your running and injury history. At that point we can fit you in several different brands until you find what feels best.
Potomac River Running is also your source for the best seasonal running, walking, triathlon, and lifestyle apparel:
- Lightweight technical shirts, shorts, and tanks for the summer
- Moisture-wicking base layers for the fall and winter
- Jackets, vests, and pants for those windy runs
- Great casual wear that takes you from workout to that post-run coffee in style
- Thin socks, thick socks, short socks, long socks, all technical materials in your choice of style
- Hats, gloves, and mittens for a range of temperatures
Runners need more than just shoes, shorts, shirts and pants.... try these accessories on for size - sunglasses, watches, energy bars and gels, water bottles and holsters, books, DVDs, iPod/MP3 holders, orthotics, massage tools, body glide, reflective gear, training logs, and GPS units. We’ll have it all!
For all you road racers and student-athletes, we carry a full line of racing gear including singlets, racing shorts, racing flats, and an extensive line of track and cross country competition shoes.