Friends of =PR=
Do you love to run or walk or spend time working out at the gym? Do you participate in area races or attend clinics and seminars to learn more about your sport? Do you enjoy the social aspect of running and participate in area training programs, running clubs, group runs? Are you a fan of =PR= and willing to share your passion?
Become part of the Friends of =PR= program. Friends of =PR= welcomes runners, walkers, and triathletes of all levels – it’s not about how fast or how far! Members of the Friends of =PR= group receive a variety of perks and incentives in exchange for promoting =PR= programs, events, and races in the community and helping us better serve area runners and walkers
The goal of the Friends of =PR= program is the same as the =PR= mission: to expand and serve the DC-area running, walking, and triathlon community and share our collective passion for an active, healthy lifestyle. Friends of =PR= members will receive an official t-shirt upon joining the program, and a singlet after participating in one Friends of =PR= supported event. You’ll qualify for additional incentives and premiums as you get more involved!
- Receive an official Friends of =PR= technical t-shirt immediately when you join the program (no strings, it’s an honor system!)
- Earn a =PR= singlet (great for training or racing) after you participate in ONE qualifying event/activity
- Earn additional gear when after you’ve participated in FIVE qualifying events/activities, more if you do more…. Gear may include jackets, hats, technical shirts, footwear, etc.
- Receive additional goodies, free race entries, special discounts and promotions, and more based on your contributions
- Hang out with your friends at the exclusive =PR= tent at all =PR= races, as well as some other local favorites
- Attend the year-end (holiday time) Friends of =PR= Social/Party
- Be aware of the events, races, and programs offered by Potomac River Running and PR Training Programs each month
- Pass the word about =PR= events and activities to your friends, neighbors, training partners, colleagues, etc. – via paper materials, forwarding of emails and newsletters, and social media such as Facebook and Twitter
- Participate in the several events in the =PR= 2011 Race Series (series events begin in April and continue throughout the year), either by running or volunteering
- Attend =PR= events, group runs, seminars, clinics, expos, and other programs as your schedule permits.
- Wear your =PR= branded gear when you can (at area races, when you go out for a group run, head to the gym, etc.)
What Are Qualifying Events/Activities?
When you join Friends of =PR=, we hope you’ll be excited to spread the word about the store, events, races, training programs, and more whenever you have the opportunity. We assume you wouldn’t seek to join the program unless you feel good about the =PR= experience. Communication activities (becoming a “fan” on Facebook, sharing info with your network, mentioning an event or training program at your office, gym, in your blog, etc.) are a part of being a “Friend” and are welcomed and requested, but not “tracked.”
By contrast, a “Qualifying Event” typically involves roughly 4 hours of volunteer time – although it may be doing something you would have done anyway like a race, training run, etc. We will rely on you to self-report your activities and will again rely on an honor system – we know we’ll recognize the people who are especially active.
Check off a Qualifying Event by:
- Attending four weekly fun runs hosted at any =PR= store;
- Volunteering at a =PR= race;
- Manning a =PR= morning water stop during the summer months;
- Participating in a group =PR= training program as a volunteer assistant (program fees are waived for volunteer assistants; slots for this role are limited);
- Staffing a =PR= booth at an expo, race, high school event, etc.
We’ll add to this qualifying list as we identify other opportunities. We invite you to suggest interesting concepts as well.
Interested? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide a short paragraph about yourself, where you live, shop and train, and what =PR= activities are most appealing to you.