Our Recent Accomplishments
As a relatively young business, we have achieved some major milestones and look forward to many more. Some key points in our recent history:
- In September 2006, we were informed that we had been selected as one of the “50 Best Running Stores in America” by customer nomination and independent survey and mystery shopping funded through The Running Network, a national industry organization. We were ranked in the top 10 of the Customer Service category. In November 2006, at the Independent Running Retailers Association annual meeting, we were announced as one of the top four finalists for Store of the Year. The other finalists have all been in business for over 15 years. We were again selected for the Top 50 Running Stores in America in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013 the only store in the mid-Atlantic to receive the award all eight years, since it’s inception. This award wouldn't be possible without the support from our amazing running community, thank you for allowing us to support your active lifestyles!
- At the 2013 annual Running Event Awards Banquet in Austin Texas, =PR= owner Cathy Pugsley was presented with Nike's Just Do It Award honoring a female leader in the running industry. We are so incredibly proud of Cathy and this very distinguished honor!
- In 2010, owner Ray Pugsley received the 2010 Adult Volunteer of the Year award from the YMCA of Loudoun County for his many years of contribution to the Leesburg 10K/20K, which is a major source of funds for the organization.
- We helped form the Ashburn Area Running Club, a non-profit Club (part of the RRCA – Road Runners Clubs of America) for area runners and walkers. For five years, Cathy served as Club president. We continue to volunteer our time to coach and support Club programs. The Club has grown to over 200 members since it was organized in 2004.
- In June 2006, Potomac River Running staged our first annual Twilight Festival 4-Miler to benefit the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and raise funds for an annual scholarship fund for area high school cross country and track athletes. Now entering it’s fifth year, the race has helped us award six =PR= Award for Excellence Scholarships and contribute over $12,000 to the charity.
- In 2006 and 2007 we were selected as a finalist for "Small Business of the Year" by the Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce.
We are grateful for the support we have received in our native Northern Virginia and the greater DC area. We are fortunate to work our passion, and have greatly enjoyed our first ten years in business serving the Metro area. We appreciate your trust and support and hope to continue to providing you the best customer experience possible.